2015 – 2016 Calendar of Events
September: International Literacy Day – Sept. 8; Pre-K Book Distribution Project
October: Teacher Workshop – Technology in the Classroom
December: Local Executive Professional Book Sharing Club (Contact a local executive member for details!)
January: Family Literacy Day Trivia Contest; Young Writers’ Submissions due
March: Teacher Book Sharing and AGM
May: Read to Me Book Project
June: Young Writers’ Tea
Local Executive Members
President: Tammie Latimer
Past President: Jan Niebergall
Vice-President: Jeanette Ebert
Treasurer: Sherri Sieffert
Secretary: Joanne Sebastian
Membership Director: Darcie Krasowski
Young Writers: Darcie Krasowski, Crystal Swidzinski
East Central Reading Council
We are the East Central Saskatchewan Reading Council. We exist to promote literacy of all learners. We serve preschool and school age children, parents, educators and other community members.
Purposes of the Council
- To encourage the study of the reading process in all educational levels and in the community at large.
- To stimulate and promote research in developmental, creative, corrective and remedial reading.
- To assist in the development of teacher training programs.
- To promote mutual understanding and collegiality among all educators.
Your membership provides you with:
- On-line access to Query, professional journal of the Saskatchewan Reading Council
- Young Writers’ Publication
- Professional growth, collegiality, promotion of literacy and a chance to enhance the love of reading with your students and community
Consider renewing your membership or becoming a member with the ECSRC.
Membership is $25 / year for individuals; $10 / year for students
Become a member or renew your membership with Saskatchewan Reading Council!