Who is the South West Reading Council?
The South West Reading Council is a local council of the Saskatchewan Reading Council, a special subject council of the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation and a council of the International Literacy Association.
The following school divisions are a part of the South West Reading Council:
- Shaunavon Separate
- St. Paul’s
- Sun West
- Swift Current Separate
The South West Reading Council provides opportunities for professional development and the promotion of literacy in communities across southwestern Saskatchewan. We are always looking for new members and new ideas. If you’d like to get involved or have questions, please contact a member of the executive:
- Chinook School Division – Jennifer Lundsten and Sharon Funk
- Sun West School Division – Amber Thompson
- Holy Trinity Catholic School Division – Yvonne Fidelak
What does the South West Reading Council do each year?
We need membership support so the SWRC can participate in the following activities:
- Read to Me – providing books to Pre-Kindergarten students in the local council area,
- Young Saskatchewan Writers’ Publication,
- An international or national charitable project,
- Saskatchewan Reading Conference,
- Donate books to early learning centers to promote reading before children reach school,
- Distribute school readiness kits for children preparing to enter school systems,
- Support literacy events planned by individual schools for families and students.
The South West Reading Council is open to anyone having a professional interest in teaching literacy. Your membership will help to support programs in southwestern Saskatchewan.
Be a SWRC friend on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org