Criteria for 2015-2016
Deadline February 1, 2016
- The Saskatchewan Reading Council accepts writing in any language, from Pre-K to Grade 12 students. Genres include poetry, short stories, plays, essays, letters and personal narratives. (Writing from February 2015-February 2016 may be submitted). Not all writing submitted will be published.
- All selections must be proofread and typed when submitted.(Arial font/size 12/single space)
- Whole classroom submissions of the same title will not be accepted. Please select the best writing selections to be considered. Please consider the audience to which the book will be going out to (Pre-K to 12) and select accordingly. Longer pieces must include an excerpt. (Please keep the excerpt to one page or less)
- Please e-mail student writing to the YSW rep for each council area as listed below. (word documents only please)
- Illustrations and/or Photographs of the writer may accompany written selections but must be scanned onto the writing – please scan students’ pictures between their writing and their name at the bottom.
- Each published author and his/her resource center will receive a complimentary copy of the Young Saskatchewan Writers publication.
- Each piece of writing must be submitted to your local council by February 1, 2016.
Make sure to include the following information:
- Student name
- Title of writing
- School Address
- Postal Code
Please submit writing to the YSW rep for your local council:
Moose Jaw – Tana Arnott (firstname.lastname@example.org)
South West – Amber Thompson (email@example.com)
South East – Joan Bue (firstname.lastname@example.org)
East Central – Darcie Krasowski (email@example.com)
South Saskatchewan – Lori Saigeon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kewetin-Nene – Lynda Renaud (email@example.com)
Saskatoon and District – Barb Alberton (firstname.lastname@example.org)